- This project requires you to download the Unreal Engine Source code from GitHub
and compile a Source Build
of 4.23-4.26. It will not work with the pre-compiled version from the Launcher. You will also need to enable Chaos; please see this guide
for more information.
If you are using the 4.26-Chaos
build, use this guide
for information on how to setup your project.
This project is available in a Beta state. Features available in Beta give you the opportunity to learn how they work, plan your pipeline, and create test content. You should use caution when shipping with features in this state as they may not be optimized for performance or stability and may not be available on all platforms. We support backward compatibility for assets, and the APIs for these features are stable.
The Chaos Destruction Demo project shows examples of how to use the new Chaos tools to create massive-scale levels of destruction while giving you an unprecedented level of control over the creation of your content. It contains several maps with demo stands that break down the tools along with example use cases.
Learn about the new Geometry Collections asset and how it is used:
- To create destructible objects,
- Different ways to Fracture objects
- How fractured pieces can be clustered together for better control
- To establish relationships with the Connection Graph
- How Fields can be used to control any attribute on any part of your Geometry Collection.
You can also refer to the documentation pages for more information on the Chaos system.UE-Only Content
- Licensed for Use Only with Unreal Engine-based Products