Search public documentation:
UE3 Home > Animators
Technical documentation and tutorials over using the FBX pipeline to create content for and import content into UE3. Static Meshes - Skletal Meshes - Materials - Animations - Morph Targets.
Getting Started Topics
Content Creation Topics
- FBX Animation Pipeline - Transferring skeletal animations from 3D applications to UnrealEd.
- FBX Morph Target Pipeline - Transferring morph targets from 3D applications to Unreal Editor.
- Importing Skeletal Mesh Level of Detail - How to import and use skeletal mesh LODs.
- Morph Targets - How to create vertex animated states for skeletal meshes.
- Translucent Hair Sorting - Sorting of triangles to resolve issues in translucent hair rendering.
- ActorX - ActorX is tool for exporting to the PSK format, which Unreal Editor can then import.
- Importing Texture Tutorial - How to get textures into Unreal Engine 3.
- Creating Normal Maps - Practical advice and resources for creating normal maps.
- Creating Shade Maps - Guide on creating shade maps using 3dsMax.
- FaceFX - Overview of the FaceFX system for creating facial animations.
- APEX Clothing - Creating realistic clothing for characters in UE3 using APEX.
- UDK Custom Characters - Creating custom character meshes for use with UDK.
- Content Profiling and Optimization - Tips for getting the most performance out of your content.
- Character Lighting - Tips for lighting characters in-game.