Search public documentation:
UE3 Home > Unreal Development Kit Gems
- MOBA Starter Kit - A Starter Kit for developing a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena game in Unreal Engine 3.
- Platformer Starter Kit - A Starter Kit for developing side scrolling games in Unreal Engine 3.
- Racer Starter Kit - A Starter Kit for developing racing games in Unreal Engine 3.
- PhysX Particles Starter Kit - A Starter Kit example of adding PhysX Particles to the UTGame example provided with UDK.
- Real Time Strategy Starter Kit - A Starter Kit for developing real time strategy games in Unreal Engine 3 (Mobile).
- Adding map specific debugging options - How to add level designer friendly debugging options exposed to Unreal Editor.
- Adding on screen indicators - How to add on screen indicators providing useful locational markers to the player.
- Creating actor selection boxes or brackets - How to render selection boxes around an actor using the HUD.
- Creating a mouse interface - How to add the mouse cursor into the game, and have it interact with the world.
- Creating Canvas Kismet nodes - How to add Kismet nodes which allow you to draw onto the HUD.
- Creating a Concatenate Strings Kismet node - How to add a Kismet node which allows you to combine two strings together within Kismet.
- Creating a For Loop Kismet node - How to create a Kismet node which allows you to create a loop within Kismet.
- Creating Iterator Kismet nodes - How to create Kismet nodes which allows you to search for actors in a level.
- Character Lighting - Guide on how to improve character lighting.
- Creating distorted reflections - How to create a material which can reflect the scene.
- Dynamic normal maps - How to create a material which can generate a normal map from a height map.
- Interior mapping - How to create an interior mapped material.
- Parallax occluded mapping - How to create a parallax occluded material.
- Real Time Deformation - How to create a surface which can be deformed at real time.
- Rendering occluded actors - How to render actor ghosts for actors that are behind other objects.
- Using light functions - How to use light functions in a variety of ways to produce flickering lights, strobing lights and so on.
- How to create a dynamic navigation mesh obstacle - How to add an obstacle to the navigation mesh, so that AI can route around it.
- Adding HUD Distortion - How to add distortion patterns to post processing.
- How to control post process effects via Kismet or Unrealscript - How to add Kismet nodes which allow you to adjust post processing effects.
- How to create a Sobel edge detection post process effect - How to add toon lines as a post process effect using the Sobel operator.
- Creating a simple blob shadow - How to add a simple shadow on actors.
- Viewing FBX in Apple QuickTime - How to view FBX files within Apple QuickTime movie player.
- How to add sprites, meshes or particle effects to an actor - How to add allow level designers to add sprites, meshes or particle effects to a level placed actor.
- How to create a modular pawn - How to create a pawn with exchangeable parts, to allow you to swap parts in and out.