Search public documentation:
General Information about developing games with Unreal Engine 3. Minimum Specs - Recommended Hardware and Software - Workflow - Frequently Asked Questions - Console Commands - Commandline Arguments - Confirguration Files - Blogs
Information for developers new to Unreal Engine 3 and Unreal Development Kit (UDK). Covers all aspects of the development process: Production Planning - Programming - Content Creation - Level Creation - Profiling & Optimization - Packaging & Distribution
Information over setting up the engine, extending the Unreal Editor and creating new tools, and general programming with native code and UnrealScript in Unreal Engine 3.
Information involving the creation of art assets and other content such as static meshes, skeletal meshes, materials, etc. in Unreal Engine 3.
Information about the creation of levels and environments including adding scripted gameplay and dynamic interactive and animated events in Unreal Engine 3.
Links to various tutorials, example code, downloads, and other resources. UDK Gems - Community Links - Video Tutorials - Mod Info - Example Code Crops - Conferences & Events - Mailing Lists.
- Business & Legal - Administrative info for UE3 developers.
- Gameplay Programming - Creating new items and elements for use in-game.
- Animator - Information for animating skeletal meshes in Unreal Engine 3.
- Character Artist - Creating skeletal meshes for characters in UE3.
- Environment Artist - Creating static meshes to populate environments.
- FX Artist - Information over creating special effects using particles.
- Technical Artist - Tool creation, materials, profiling & optimization, polish.
- Texture Artist - Guidelines for creating textures to be used in UE3.
- AI & Navigation - Information regarding using navigation systems to create AI.
- Animation - Using animations, morph targets, and controllers to deform skeletal meshes.
- APEX Framework - Creating cloth and destruction effects using APEX.
- Audio Home - Overview of the audio system and using sounds in UE3.
- Commandlets - References for using and creating commandlets in Unreal Engine 3.
- FaceFX - Creating facial animations for skeletal meshes in UE3.
- Foliage - Tool for painting instanced foliage and decoration meshes in levels.
- Gameplay Elements - Adding new gameplay elements through UnrealScript.
- Input / Output - Methods of inputting and outputting data with Unreal Engine 3.
- Kismet - Creating dynamic, interactive gameplay events in levels.
- Landscape - System for creating large outdoor terrains.
- Level Streaming - Dynamically loading levels to create seamless worlds.
- Lighting & Shadows - Working with lighting and shadows in Unreal Engine 3.
- Materials & Textures - Creating and using materials in Unreal Engine 3.
- Matinee & Cinematics - Creating in-game cinematics and animated gameplay events.
- Networking & Replication - Overview of the networking system and replication in UE3.
- Particles & Effects - Creating effects in UE3 with particles, decals, fog, and more.
- Performance, Profiling, & Optimization - Techniques for profiling games in Unreal Engine 3.
- Physics - Using PhysX and physical simulations in Unreal Engine 3.
- Post Process Effects - Applying whole scene effects in Unreal Engine 3.
- Rendering Subsystem - Overview of the rendering pipeline in Unreal Engine 3.
- ScaleForm GFx - Overview of the Scaleform GFx integration in UE3.
- Skeletal meshes - Creating and using animated skeletal meshes in UE3.
- Static Meshes - Creating and using static meshes in UE3.
- Unreal Editor and Tools - Guides to using level and content creation tools.
- UnrealScript Home - Detailed information over the UnrealScript programming language.
- User Interface & HUD - Creating user interfaces such as menus and HUDs.
- DirectX 11 Features - DirectX 11 rendering features in Unreal Engine 3.